You are required to select a knowledge topic or skill and create a learning resource that will help someone learn the topic or skill that you have selected. Your learning resource must be structured according to accepted learning design principles.
You may work on this assignment alone or as a team of no more that three. When working as a team, you will all receive the same mark for the assignment. If working as a team, please put all of your names on the assignment. Submit a copy under each of your names.
Related Course Outcomes
- Design an interactive learning resource based on accepted learning theories and learning design approaches
Requirements (Mark Value)
- A statement of who the learning resource is intended for — a brief profile of the intended learners in terms of age, education level, current knowledge, etc. (2)
- An overview, using a concept map, flow chart, table, or other graphic element, of the content and learning activities included in the learning resource (3)
- A statement of the learning theory(ies) that form the basis for your overall instructional design (3)
- Intended learning outcomes upon completion of the learning activities included in the learning resource (2)
- A storyboard presentation of the topic information and skills to be learned — i.e., the content of your learning resource. Your presentation should include at least two instructional sequences, each with an associated learning activity. (15)
- Quality counts! You will receive a quality mark from a low of 1 to a maximum of 5 to reflect my judgment of the overall quality of your learning resource in terms of both its instructional design and overall effectiveness. (1 –5)