Access Controls with Windows
Lab #1 – Assessment Worksheet
Implementing Access Controls with Windows Active Directory Course Name and Number: ________________________________________________________________
Student Name: ________________________________________________________________
Instructor Name: ________________________________________________________________
Lab Due Date: ________________________________________________________________
Lab Assessment Questions
1. Relate how Windows Server 2012 Active Directory and the configuration of access controls achieve CIA for departmental LANs, departmental folders, and data.
2. Is it a good practice to include the account or user name in the password? Why or why not?
3. To enhance the strength of user passwords, what are some of the best practices to implement for user password definitions to maximize confidentiality?
4. Can a user who is defined in Active Directory access a shared drive on a computer if the server with the shared drive is not part of the domain?
5. When granting access to network systems for guests (i.e., auditors, consultants, third-party individuals, etc.), what security controls do you recommend implementing to maximize CIA of production systems and data?
6. In the Access Controls Criteria table, what sharing changes were made to the MGRfiles folder on the TargetWindows01 server?
7. In the Access Controls Criteria table, what sharing changes were made on the TargetWindows01 server to allow ShopFloor users to read/write files in the C:\LabDocuments\SFfiles folder?
8. In the Access Controls Criteria table, what sharing changes were made on the TargetWindows01 server to allow HumanResources users to access files in the C:\LabDocuments\HRfiles folder?
9. Explain how CIA can be achieved down to the folder and data file access level for departments and users using Active Directory and Windows Server 2012 R2 access control configurations. Configuring unique access controls for different user types is an example of which kind of access controls?
- Course Name and Number:
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name:
- Lab Due Date:
- Question 1:
- Question 2:
- Question 3:
- Question 4:
- Question 5:
- Question 6:
- Question 7:
- Question 8:
- Question 9: