Aggregate Community Windshield Surve
Aggregate Community Windshield Survey
The windshield survey assignment is due in Week 2. It is introduced in Week 1 to provide you with sufficient time to collect the required data. The assignment should be no more than 3 pages in length.
With the use of public transportation or by driving a vehicle around the community, you can assess the common characteristics of the community of your selected aggregate. Key observations to make during a windshield survey include the following:
- Age and condition of the homes in the community
- Location and condition of parks and other recreational areas
- Amount of space between homes and businesses
- Neighborhood hangouts
- Transportation in the community
- Quality of streets and sidewalks
- Types/numbers of stores and other businesses
- People out in the community
- Cleanliness of the community
- Billboards or other media displays
- Places of worship
- Availability of services—doctor, dentist, social centers, recreation centers, hospitals
By the due date assigned, submit your proposal to your instructor for approval.
In addition to the data collected in the windshield survey, include the following information about your aggregate:
- Name of the aggregate
- Geographical location and size
- A brief history
- Explain, giving at least two reasons, why you selected this particular aggregate for your Capstone project.