Alcohol is among the most commonly used and abused substances in today’s society, and is of particular interest in the college aged population as there are many habits and tendencies of college students in regards to alcohol use that do not extend past those 4 years (i.e. pre-gaming, drinking games, drinking to get “blacked out”, etc.).
Miami University Peer Hawks is an amazing group of YOUR PEERS who are dedicated to increasing awareness about safe alcohol use, as well as many other health behaviors (see the Peer Hawks Website (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for more information, and check out their video below). Specifically, they have created an Alcohol Skills Training Program that is specialized for YOU.
For this assignment, I’d like you to review the Alcohol Skills Training Program (ASTP) PowerPoint , and write a 2 page reflection. In this reflection, you may discuss anything that you’d like in regards to the ASTP lecture. In addition, I’d like you to consider the following questions:
1. What information, if any, was new to you? If so, were you surprised by any of the information presented? Explain.
2. How have you seen the impact of alcohol use in your life? Either personally, or generally (i.e. on campus, in your hometown, etc.)?
3. What is your major take away point from this special lecture? Why?
· Your paper must be in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced, with 1 inch margins on all sides.
· At the top of page 1, please use only your name in the header at the top of the page (i.e. do not put the date, my name, the class name, the assignment name, etc.)
· This ASTP PowerPoint can also be found in the Modules Tab.