Literature Review Resources
Topic: Assessing Organizational Leadership
Successful completion of a doctoral dissertation requires significant amounts of independent reading on the research topic. This allows the doctoral learner/researcher to become familiar with the scope of the topic and to identify gaps or tensions within the existing literature on the topic. These gaps and tensions become the source of the dissertation research. In this assignment, you will read and annotate potential sources in your dissertation field of interest. Those demonstrating the most merit to the best of your understanding of the topic at this time should be added to your RefWorks list for potential inclusion in the literature review section of your dissertation.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Locate the assignment submission for “Literature Review Resources” Tool and use it to complete the assignment. It is ATTACHED.
- It is strongly recommended that you engage in this activity throughout the duration of your program.
- Instructors will be scoring your submission based on the number of unique sources identified in the list submitted.
- Download the resource Literature Review Resources Tool and use it to complete the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
Read at least 10 peer-reviewed articles in your general dissertation field that you have not read previously.
In the “Literature Review Resources” document that you submitted in RES-825, provide the following for each source that you are adding to the document:
- The APA-formatted citation.
- A brief annotation of the key points of the source.
- An indication of whether the source has been added to (Y) or excluded from (N) your RefWorks list.
1. Industrial/Organizational Psychology: Understanding the Workplace
Read Chapter 13.
1. Assessing Your Leadership Style to Achieve Organizational Objectives.
Rubin, E. N. (2013). Assessing your leadership style to achieve organizational objectives. Global Business & Organizational Excellence, 32(6), 55-66.
2. Personality, Leader Behavior and Overdoing It.
Kaiser, R. B., & Hogan, J. (2011). Personality, leader behavior and overdoing it. Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research, 63, 219–242. doi: 10.1037/a0026795
3. Using 360° Feedback to Predict Performance
Maylett, T. M., & Riboldi, J. (2007, September). Using 360° feedback to predict performance. Training + Development, 61(9), 48-52.
4. What We Know About Leadership
Hogan, R., & Kaiser, R. B. (2005). What we know about leadership. Review of General Psychology, 9(2), 169-180.