Describe the varied purposes of budgets. What are the differences between operating budgets and capital budgets? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
|Accounting Standards-Setting Bodies|
Address Exercise E1-2 at the end of Chapter 1. Why are three different bodies established for accounting standards? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
Ives, M., Patton, T., Patton, S. (2013). Introduction to governmental and not-for-profit accounting (7th ed.) . Pearson.
· Chapter 1: Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting Environment and Statistics
· Chapter 2: The Use of Funds in Governmental Accounting
· Chapter 3: Budgetary Considerations in Governmental Accounting
· Chapter 4: The Governmental Fund Accounting Cycle: An Introduction to General and Special Revenue Funds
· The full-text version of this ebook is available in your online classroom through the VitalSource platform.