Cost-Volume-Profit, writing homework helpSeptember 15, 2020
Perception of Mental IllnessSeptember 15, 2020
A2 Business Article(s) 3 Fortune 500
Instructions: Read the following articles and answers the questions for each.
- ARTICLE A – “Yes, Quiksilver Is Going Under. But Surfing’s Doing Just Fine”
- ARTICLE B – “Here’s Why No One Wants To Buy Aeropostale — Neither Products Nor The Company”
Questions for ARTICLE A: Yes, Quiksilver Is Going Under. But Surfing’s Doing Just Fine
- Why do you think that Quiksilver was popular in the 1990s but now it’s not as popular?
- Why do you think that the company which was originally an Australian company was bought by a company in California?
- Look up a list of the most popular surfing place in the world. Which countries and even places are more frequent on the lists that you research? Besides beaches, why are these locations popular?
- How do the words “riding a tidal wave of popularity” and “trend” fit into our discussion of the tenure of companies on the Fortune 500 list?
- How does the company Under Armor fit into our newly acquired theory of creative destruction?
- What were some changes that key retailers did not like?
- What happened to the number of Americans who were or are surfing?
- What was one of Quiksilver’s mistakes in business decision making? What did the author of the article say about Quiksilver’s management?
- Does the sport of surfing carry or support the brand name, Quiksilver, or did or does the brand name carry or support the sport?
- Do you believe the company leaders when they say that the company will emerge strong?
- Who or what is Oak Tree Capital Management.
Article B: Here’s Why No One Wants To Buy Aeropostale — Neither Products Nor The Company
Questions for ARTICLE B: “Here’s Why No One Wants To Buy Aeropostale — Neither Products Nor The Company”
- What is a fast-fashion company?
- According to the first paragraph, what has driven Aeropostale’s customers to other retailers?
- How much has Aeropostale value diminished in the last five years?
- What is driving away investors?
- What is happening to brand loyalty?
Who is Sycamore Partners and what did they do with Aeropostale?
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"