Prepare a business case and financial plan for your selected organization.- Company selected must be an existing organization with publicly available information, ( I suggest picking an organization from the Fortune 500 – this could be the organization you have been using or a new one . Read through the assignment requirements, explore, and select an organization that will be suitable.
There are TWO deliverables for this assignment – a Word document and an Excel spreadsheet.
World Count – Paragraphs are 175-250 words. Focus on meaningful analysis.
Describe the existing business, including the type of business, industry dynamics, competitive rivalry, ( one to two paragraphs)
Create the business case.
- EXPLAIN. PROPOSE why funding is needed for the company. For example: expanding existing operations into a new global market, development of a new product, etc. ( one paragraph)
- Determine the potential sources of funding for the project – discuss three types of funding . Consider self-funding, borrowing, equity, venture capital, etc. ( three paragraphs – one paragraph per funding type, be specific, have specific, realistic, justified, supported analysis) . Also Include in each paragraph:
- Evaluate the requirements of each of the three funding sources you identified.
- Analyze the associated risks of each of the three funding sources.
- Estimate the cost of capital for of the three funding sources under review.. Research current estimated APRs for each of the three sources of funding. Create a table to display this information. ONE TABLE WITHIN THE WORD DOCUMENT
- Select your chosen funding source and justify your decision as why the funding source is the best fit for your project and organization. Have at least three reasons Justifying selection. ( one to two paragraphs)
- Analytical Summary – three paragraphs. Create a summary to highlight key points of benefit and concern of the project and the data in your profit and loss statement. You are making a final case ( financial, strategic, vision, etc) for proceeding with the project, benefit to the overall organization, potential risks, and how the project advances the existing strategic vision of the organization.
- Create a profit-and-loss statement for a 3-year period. Project revenue, stating realistic assumptions, such as growth per year, in your projections. Estimate direct costs, including capital, marketing, labor, and supply costs.
Cite references to support your assignment.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.