Assignment 1: Clinical and Forensic Evaluations
A forensic mental health professional must learn to distinguish between forensic psychological evaluations and traditional clinical psychological evaluations although there are some similarities between the two.
In a minimum of 300 words, identify at least one difference between the two types of evaluations (forensic psychological and traditional clinical psychological) in each of the following areas:
- Discussion of informed consent
- Testing and assessment
- Writing reports
- Addressing the referral question
- Providing opinions and recommendations
Support your responses by citing reputable source material used for this discussion in APA format.
In this assignment, you will explore Jeffrey Arnett’s research on emerging adulthood, apply his research to your own development, and identify how your experience differs from cultures other than your own.
Locate and watch 3 videos in the University Library on emerging adulthood in different cultures. You may also use journal articles and other sources from the University Library to supplement your research.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper discussing the following:
- What is the meaning of emerging adulthood?
- What are the expectations for an emerging adult in your culture?
- Compare and contrast the expectations and roles of an emerging adult in the different cultures.
- What are the implications of the transition on middle adulthood?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines