Assessment 1 Culture, Diversity, and Multiculturalism
· Assessment Instructions
For this assessment, you will define the concepts of cultural intelligence, multiculturalism, and diversity, and analyze how they contribute to effective global leadership. You will need at least 3 resources to support your work in this assignment.
Organize this assessment logically, using headings and sub-headings appropriately. Include a title page and reference page, and follow APA guidelines for all citations and references.
Within your assessment, complete the following:
1. •Explain the meaning of the terms cultural intelligence, multiculturalism, and diversity from a global leadership perspective.
2. •Analyze the importance of these concepts or competencies in effective global leadership. ◦Compare the ways different countries and cultures conduct business. (Please keep this limited to 3–4 countries or cultures, including the United States.)
3. ◦Describe the demographics of today’s workforce.
4. ◦Provide examples (at least two) of situations in which misunderstandings related to culture could occur.
5. •Describe strategies for improving cultural intelligence and expanding comprehension of multiculturalism and diversity.
· Assessment2 Ethics and Corporate Scandals
For this assessment, choose one of the corporate scandals from the list below and then look for 3–4 articles that analyze the ethics of the scandal or how corporate leadership dealt with the scandal.
•Volkswagen Emissions Scandal.
•Toyota Scandal (2007–2010. Acceleration and brake recalls.).
•BP (British Petroleum) Deep Water Horizon Gulf Coast disaster.
Organize your assessment logically, using headings and sub-headings as appropriate. Include a title page and reference page following APA guidelines for citations and references. Please keep in mind that this assessment is not intended to be an in-depth analysis of the full scope of the scandal you chose; rather, it is meant to give you a high-level overview of how effective and ethical global leadership should respond when things happen.
1. Within your assessment, please address the following:
2. •Explain the primary ethical challenge facing corporate leadership.
3. •Analyze corporate leadership’s response to the unfolding scandal. ◦Compare the skills and competencies a global leader should have with the actions taken during the scandal. In other words, what leadership skills and competencies were lacking in corporate leadership?
4. ◦Explain how leadership might have avoided the situation in the first place.
5. ◦Was response to the scandal equal to the seriousness of the event?
6. •Recommend an alternative strategy for handling the scandal and support your strategy with relevant evidence. How does your strategy align with one or more of the leadership theories and models listed in this course? Your strategy may focus on avoiding the scandal in the first place, or on dealing with the scandal after it happened.