Dyer, W. G., Jr., Dyer, J. H., & Dyer, W. G. (2013). Team building: Proven strategies for improving team performance (5th
ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
9. Since violated expectations often lead to conflict for individual and team relationships, explain some of the most common expectations that leaders and subordinates often violate. Share personal work-related examples to solidify your understanding of the concept. In addition, discuss how these types of problems were handled in your workplace. Were the methods used correct or incorrect? Explain your answer.
10. Once a leader has assessed his/her own personal discovery skills, the next step in development is to find a specific, current innovation challenge or opportunity to practice these skills with the team members.
11. Critically examine the five team processes that encourage innovation. What is the significance of each process and how does it relate specifically to the team’s leader?
12. Wise leaders know that the key to balancing innovation and execution skills in a team or company is knowing who has what skills and then figuring out how to combine those complementary strengths within a team to generate quality ideas that will produce a positive impact. What is the difference between a discovery-driven team and an execution-driven team?
13. Violated expectations are often the cause of conflict in cross-cultural teams due to the result of different cultural rules. However, unmet expectations must be managed effectively for a team to succeed. What are some of the most common behaviors that are classified as primary ways expectations tend to be violated? Explain each with detailed examples.
14. After identifying and prioritizing a virtual team’s issues and problems, the team leader might select an activity for the team to become engaged in prior to moving forward, such as role clarification. What specific questions might members ask themselves and how would the results be communicated to other members of the team? Provide detailed clarification of each question presented.
15. Culture is often thought of as being monolithic. Explain what that means and how it relates to leadership in regards ***** ***** dynamics and integration of team members. How does diversity within members affect the performances of the group as a whole?
Your response should be at least 200 words in length for all seven questions. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.