One of your relatives has come into a significant amount of money recently, and wants to invest $100,000 dollars in a stock that is listed either on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or the NASDAQ. This relative has asked you to recommend two stocks that can be held for awhile to maximize earnings, and will choose from one of the two you recommend. You have agreed to do a little research and provide the recommendations.
(Note. If after doing research on one or both stocks, you would not recommend it, you do not have to find a different stock(s) for your paper. Rather, you can also defend why you would not recommend it).
You may use one of the financial services sites like Yahoo Finance and find two stocks you like (for instance, Wal-Mart, FedEx, or Microsoft).
Write up your recommendations and your rationale for each. Your recommendation should include:
- The name of the stocks and the stock symbols
- The exchange where the stocks are traded
- The 52 week range (high/low price)
- The lowest amount each stock has traded in the past year
- The highest amount each has traded
- The amount each stock closed on the previous business day
- Price earnings ratios (P/E)
- The reasons you would recommend (or not recommend) these stocks along with the pros and cons of selecting each one.
- Submit your answers in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
- Name your document SU_BUS1101_W4_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned