5- to 6-page Word document using double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
You are working with the strategic planning team to assess the current data to make recommendations to its board of directors regarding the organization’s exit strategy. You have started creating your plan for the organizational change and selected members for the guiding coalition. Your next task is to help determine the value of the organization’s assets to the potential acquirer.
One of the core strengths of the organization lies in the value of its talent. Potential buyers in this industry want to know that the organization that they acquire is going to be able retain their valuable employees. So, the VP has asked you to analyze the human resource data in order to determine what the organization is worth. This includes taking a close look at the organization’s human resources, analyzing the attrition data, and making predictions about employee stability in case of an acquisition.
The organization has been collecting information about its employees since its inception in 1999; this information has been organized in a spreadsheet. In order to understand recent trends in your organization’s workforce, you will analyze this employee data. Your analysis will look at employee attrition and retention and will be included in your report. This will provide a clear picture of your organization’s workforce to help anticipate its perceived value with potential buyers.
First, use the employee attrition data to create visuals in Tableau that capture the trends and possible reasons for retention and attrition in the organization from the course scenario. Then, write a report about the current state of human resources and attrition. Include screenshots from your visualizations to support your report. Remember to consider the employee’s employment status when visualizing and analyzing the data. The Status column in the spreadsheet indicates whether the employee is a current or former employee of the organization.
Specifically, you must address the following criteria:
- Current employee demographics: Summarize the current employee demographics for the organization from the course scenario.
- Use Tableau to visualize the demographic data such as age, sex, marital status, education, and experience, and include the corresponding screenshots in your summary. Choose the graphs or charts that are best suited to represent the demographic data.
- Choose at least two different graph or chart types to represent the demographic data and include the corresponding screenshots in your written summary. Explain why you have selected the specific chart types to represent your data.
- Attrition analysis: Analyze the given employee data to answer the following questions about attrition in the organization, including its causes and the relationship between attrition and various employment factors. Use Tableau to create a visual summary of the data and include the corresponding screenshots in your analysis. Choose the graphs or chart types that you believe are best suited to represent the required data.
- Identify five top reasons for attrition.
- For those who left the organization, how many years had it been since their last promotion?
- At what age does an employee typically exit the organization?
- After how many years of employment does someone typically leave the company?
- What is the connection between how many times a year a person was trained, how long they stayed at the organization, and whether they have left?
- Retention: Compare the attrition analysis data with your current employee details to evaluate and prevent future attrition.
- Using the trends from the attrition data, determine if more current employees are likely to leave. Explain your findings.
- What does your attrition analysis tell you about employee stability in the organization? How is it likely to affect your organization’s evaluation by a potential buyer?
- Actionable steps: Based on findings from your retention analysis, provide three specific actions that the organization can take to prevent employees from leaving. Provide a rationale.