An unsecured network poses risk of internal and external compromises. Users in human resources typically transmit sensitive information across the network. The network should encrypt HR data in transit.
Using the configurations and topology you added to the “WLAN Configuration Design Template” in Week Three, add security and segregate internal traffic.
Secure the network to:
- Minimize the risk of intrusions
- Identify attempted intrusions
- Limit visibility of HR traffic on the network
Modify the “WLAN Configuration Design Template” to include:
- Configuration changes to the existing devices
- Introduction of other devices required to meet security objectives
Create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint® presentation for management to explain from a security standpoint the changes you will make and the reasons for those changes. Include the following in the presentation:
- Describe basic security concerns as they relate to wireless networks.
- Assess the security vulnerabilities, including active protocols, to the unsecured network.
- Describe your selection of devices added to the network and their role in meeting the security needs of the network to include a justification of the WIPS or WIDS and encryption method selection.
- Determine how new devices changed the network design and affected configuration settings to include sensors used to monitor the network.
- Provide a rationale for all of your choices.
Note: Other applications like Adobe® Spark or Microsoft® Sway® or Mix can be used instead of PowerPoint®. The presentation should be “media-rich,” it should include voice-overs, graphics, interaction, and other techniques to create a dynamic multimedia presentation.
Be sure to include supporting images and appropriate backgrounds and styles. All references must be attributed, cited appropriately throughout the document, and adhere to APA guidelines. Images should not be copied unless author permission is obtained or copyright free images are used