Identifying Research Components
The focus of this week’s assignment is identifying research components. You will be responsible for reviewing two articles (listed below) and completing the following tasks for each one:
- Summarize each article utilizing the Week 2 research template.
- Identify and describe the problem, purpose, and hypothesis or research questions of each study.
- Analyze and discuss the significance of the research to nursing practice.
- Identify two details to support the research as qualitative or quantitative.
- NOTE: If a component is absent, student receives a zero for that component.
Cite all sources in APA format.
Park, M., Cho, S., & Hong, H. (2015). Prevalence and perpetrators of workplace violence by nursing unit and the relationship between violence and the perceived work environment. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 47(1), 87-95. doi: 10.1111/jnu.12112
Turk, M., Fapohunda, A., & Zoucha, R. (2015). Using photovoice to explore Nigerian immigrants’ eating and physical activity in the United States. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 47(1), 16-24. doi: 10.1111/jnu.12105
Cite both articles reviewed in APA style:
***In the template, any direct quotes from the articles needs to only include the page number.
|Week 2 Template||Quantitative Article||Qualitative Article|
|Summarize the two assigned articles. In a paragraph, describe in your own words what the study was about and what the researchers found.|
|Identify and describe the problem for each article|
|Identified the purpose statement for each article|
|Identified hypothesis and/or
research questions depending on the methodology used in the articles.
|After analyzing, discuss each article’s significance to nursing practice.|
|Identify two details to support the study being quantitative or qualitative|