THIS IS TWO ASSIGNMENTS IN ONE POST. THE SECOND ASSIGNMENTS RUNS OFF OF THE FIRST.
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas. At least 2 references and citations. APA format.
A hiring manager needs your advice and assistance in filling several customer service representative positions. As a human resource recruiter, you must sit down with the hiring manager and collect some particular data for a job analysis, which you will use to create a detailed job description to attract candidates who meet the job requirements.
Research and focus your discussion on the following:
- Discuss the importance of a job analysis.
- Provide the steps to take in conducting a job analysis.
- Explain 2–3 advantages and disadvantages to collecting data (interview, observation, historical data, survey or questionnaire, focus groups, or case studies) for the job analysis of a customer service representative position.
In the previous Discussion Board assignment, you were working with a hiring manager to assist in collecting particular data for a job analysis. You will now create a detailed job description to attract qualified candidates for several customer service representative positions. Research and create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 6 slides with 200 or more words of speaker notes per slide that addresses the following:
- Describe up to 10 bulleted details that should be found in a customer service representative job description.
- What level of education and experience should be necessary for a customer service representative, and why?
- What level of knowledge of the industry should the customer service representative have, and why?
- How and why are the job description functions, education, experience, and knowledge so important in attracting qualified candidates for possible interviews?