Prior to reading this DQ, please read the CLA 1 assignment and understand what the assignment is asking you to complete. Once you have an understanding of the CLA 1 assignment, please continue to the paragraph below to Complete DQ1.
Using the Library Information Resource Network (LIRN), JSTOR, or any other electronic journal database, research six (6) peer-reviewed articles that can be used to answer your upcoming CLA 1 assignment. Your discussion should summarize the articles in such a way that it can justify any arguments you may present in your CLA 1 assignment and should be different from the abstract. In addition to your researched peer-reviewed article, you must include an example of the article researched as it is applied by industry (company, business entity, and so forth).
Please note: This article summary should not be the only article researched for your CLA 1 assignment. You may (and should) have several other articles researched to fully answer your CLA 1 assignment. The concept of this DQ is to allow students to be proactive in the research necessary to complete this assignment. You may use your article summary, partially or in its entirety in your CLA 1 assignment.
Important: Please ensure that your reference for the article is incorrect APA format, as your reference in your discussion post. Depending on which electronic database you use, you should see a “Cite” selection for your article. In addition, there should be a variety of articles summarized and as such, students should have different articles summarized. Your summary MUST include ALL of the following in your DQ post (include every item in the bullet list below, or you will not receive full credit):
Do these in order:
- Incorrect APA format, write the Reference of the article.
- Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose.
- Describe how you will use it in your upcoming assignment.
- Repeat for a total of six (6) peer-reviewed sources.
CLA 1 Comprehensive Learning Assessment – CLO 1, CLO 4
Please read Case 11(C-147) part 4, case studies “Pacific Drilling: The Preferred Offshore Driller” and write a paper with a minimum of 4 APA formatted pages.
Please provide at least six (6) peer-reviewed resources in support of your arguments.
After you learnt about the case study of “Pacific Drilling: The Preferred Offshore Driller,” provide written CLA 1 by answering the following:
- Write a summary of the case as the introduction of your paper
- Why offshore drilling?
- Offshore drilling typically used three types, what are the three types of offshore drilling?
- What was the reason for the fall of the company’s stock in 2014? Was the fall of the company’s stock related to the movement of Global Oil Prices?
- Was collaboration with Chevron a wise move for the company?
- What were the challenges:
- Competition in the market includes the supply of shale oil,
- Technological challenges, and
- Dealing with fluctuations in the international oil prices