Psychology Case Study on unsportsmanship like behavior
Since case studies are commonly used in the performance psychology field. It is helpful to practice the skill of case study analysis for application in the workplace. This analysis includes discerning the critical factors in a case that will become the basis for creating an intervention plan for the performer. In this assignment you will synthesize sources to describe a fictitious case in your preferred area of performance psychology. The case you describe should be relevant to your professional goals and include a clear description of the problem. Your focus will be on the problem and the information in the case. You will construct your own intervention plan for the case in a subsequent assignment.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- All names and personally identifying information of individuals synthesized to create the fictitious case must be removed or replaced in the case description to prevent identification of any specific individual.
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- While you may use popular press, this assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write an essay (1,750-2,000 words) in which you synthesize sources to describe a case in your preferred area of performance psychology. Your research-based description should include the following:
- The central issue/problem of the case.
- The constraints surrounding the issue/problem.
- The critical factors in the case.
- The theoretical framework that should be used to conceptualize the case. The framework should consider emotion, cognition, and behavior in performance settings. An initial needs assessment.