Select a special interest group from the link below:
Using your selected special interest group, write a two-page paper to answer the questions below. Use headings to indicate sections of your paper. Be sure to include supporting evidence for your main ideas.
- Introduce the agency, its roles and functions.
- Identify how the agency attains its members.
- List any special affiliation services it provides to its membership.
- Classify what specific public policy category it attempts to advance and how it goes about having its interests applied in policy development.
- Reference association conferences it has held, and identify what issues and solutions were addressed.
- List past organizational conferences it has held, and identify what issues and solutions were addressed.
- List any watchdog functions, such as monitoring the actions of congressional member voting records.
- What is the draw to become a member in the group you have selected? What political interest does the agency serve?
- Summarize the agency’s success at influencing public policy.
Your assignment should be a minimum of two pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. Be sure your paper is double-spaced and uses 12-point font and one-inch margins. Use your own words, and include citations and references as needed to avoid plagiarism. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations and be cited per APA guidelines.