Imagine that you are a consultant that was hired by King World Corp, a local multimillion dollar organization that has no international business experience. The CEO wants to enter a new country’s market, but doesn’t know which one. So he hired you to help him decide.
You will be expected to research your information in academically acceptable sources and then prepare a professional APA formatted paper with your analysis and findings. The report should be so professional looking that the CEO would want to hire you to manage the new global operation.
Using virtual library, other academic sources, or the CIA Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/), research and answer all of the following 10 questions/problems regarding JAPAN. All of the following questions/problems must be answered in your paper.
1. Describe the climate in this country. Are there different climates in different parts of the country? If so, describe what is causing these differences. Explain how the weather may affect the effectiveness of the organization.
2. What are this country’s major population centers, and where are they located? Is one part of the country more densely populated than other parts? If so, why is this the case? Give a recommendation to which area the company should consider opening up in.
3. If you were to visit this country, what languages would you expect to hear, and what types of religious services might you attend? Would you expect to see much racial and ethnic diversity, or would the population be relatively homogeneous? Why is this important for an new entering organization? How does this affect their human resources responsibilities?
4. What are some key events in this country’s history? How has the country’s history affected its current population and culture? Is the nation currently feeling the impact of certain historical events, patterns, or decisions? What should repatriates know before moving to work into this country?
5. Describe the country’s political structure. Who is in charge of making decisions? Do the people get a chance to participate in political life? Describe current political conditions in this country. What types of political controversies or difficulties has this country faced or is it currently facing? How is this country getting along with other countries in its region and in the world? Should the company do anything to minimize its risk?