Early user interfaces were designed with little or no consideration for the end-user. This was largely due to technical and hardware limitations. The poor interface design required a specific skill set for users and limited the mass appeal of computers. Modern interfaces are much more user-friendly. Theo Mandel wrote about the five (5) golden rules of interface design. Read Mandel’s article located at http://www.theomandel.com/docs/Mandel-GoldenRules.pdf.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe three (3) interfaces you interact with on a daily basis.
- Analyze each interface you identified in Question one (1) and assess how it adheres to Mandel’s five (5) golden rules.
- Suggest two (2) changes for each interface to achieve a more user-friendly design and justify your suggestion.
- Provide three (3) screenshots for each interface. Note: These screenshots should be labeled and appear in the appendix of the case study. These pages are not included in the page requirement for the assignment.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.