Assignment 1: Discussion—The Role of Discretionary Benefits
Discretionary benefits fall into three broad categories: protection programs, paid time off, and services.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your knowledge of discretionary benefits as part of the total compensation offered to an employee.
Your employees are asking for more discretionary benefits, and the organization has tasked you with researching potential options. Respond to the following:
- Construct a case either in favor of or against selected discretionary benefits. Use your experience, weekly readings, and other scholarly work to support your position.
- By Saturday, March 4, 2017, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, March 8, 2017, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, make sure you include course content and appropriate references to support your statements.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"